Fruit and vegetables are better and longer preserved thanks to a photocatalytic filter
De Rigo Refrigeration fruit and vegetable cabinets, which are increasingly more efficient in terms of energy, are now also more performing with regard to product preservation as a result of a KtV (Kill the Virus) photocatalytic filter that maintains and even improves the quality of fruit and vegetables; it delays their ripening, with additional energy savings as a result of higher preservation temperatures.
This is the result of the partnership signed by De Rigo Refrigeration with Nanohub, a company specialised in the development of solutions based on nanomaterials for energy efficiency, quality of the environment, wellbeing of people and preservation of goods. In this regard, Nanohub has patented a photocatalytic technology for the control and elimination of ethylene, which is responsible for the ripening of fruit and vegetables, with truly amazing results.
After a period of rigorous tests carried out in its laboratories, De Rigo Refrigeration’s R&D team installed this filter on the cabinets in a Xion of supermarkets, both new openings and retrofit activities, with interesting test results already after the first weeks of being used.
In fact, the data collected highlight:
- Fruit lasting longer and with more vitamins as a result of reduced free radicals and, consequently, less oxidation of vitamins
- Up to 30% less waste and reduction of emissions for preservation
- Reduction of physiopathologies, such as apical rot, splitting and ripening defects or uneven ripening
Is it possible to slow down the ripening of fruit & vegetables without using refrigerators or artificial preservatives?
The answer is yes, thanks to a photocatalytic filter installed directly on the refrigeration cabinet, which maintains, and even improves, the quality of the fruit and vegetables, delays ripening and prevents cross-contamination with the following benefits:
- Requires low maintenance
- Fruit and vegetables can be preserved at higher temperatures with consequent energy saving
- Does not use chemical products and is therefore compatible with “BIO” productions
- Zero UV ray emissions and no decomposition waste, with minimum emission of carbon dioxide and water vapour
De Rigo Refrigeration offers Nanohub technology for all fruit & vegetable cabinets, both new and retrofit.
Contact our sales offices for further information: